This is hands down one of my favorite salads. EVER! I originally wrote this for one of my articles at SK food & recipes but just had to share it here as well. This salad loaded with plump juicy organic strawberries, crunchy pecans and creamy avocado. I top it off with crumbled gorgonzola cheese and a homemade maple balsamic vinaigrette. It’s a perfect meal for the hot summer days, a picnic or just a lazy dinner. We usually serve it with grilled french bread or with homemade croutons because you need something to help soak up all of that delicious dressing at the end.
Summer Strawberry Salad with Maple Balsamic Dressing
Yield/ 2 large main dish salads or 4 smaller side salads
- 6 cups of organic baby spinach
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup of crumbled gorganzola cheese
- 1/2 cup of ripe organic strawberries, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup of pecans
- croutons (optional)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper into a blender and pulse to combine. With the blender running add the olive oil in a steady stream until the dressing is mixed well. Taste the dressing to make sure it doesn’t need to be seasoned further then and set the dressing aside.
- In a large bowl add the baby spinach and a few tablespoons of the dressing tossing well.
- Plate the spinach and top with the strawberries, gorganzola cheese, red onions, pecans, avocado and crutons.
- Serve extra dressing on the side. Any leftover dressing can be stored in the refridgeorator and used within three or four days.