It’s been SO HOT here in Arizona and one of my favorite ways to cool down is with a ice cold passion lemonade from Starbucks. If you are like me those trips (which are frequent) begin to put a hit on your wallet. I decided I needed to try and recreate my one of my most desired drinks here at home (and hopefully save a few bucks).
Tazo now offers tea bags which are larger than normal sized tea bags and are made for brewing pitchers of ice tea rather than just cups. I have seen these larger bags everywhere from Whole Foods to Target and they are usually around $4 per box. Instead of making a passion tea lemonade I made lemonade ice cubes. I did this because
- #1 I HATE watered down drinks! As the ice cubes melt the drink is infused with lemonade which keeps the drink delicious not watery
- #2 I can control the sugar. I do like my drink sweetened and I usually sweeten it myself with stevia or truvia <— which i love.
Tazo iced passion tea with lemonade ice cubes
Yield 8 servings
- 6 cups brewed tazo passion tea
- 1/2 cup raw agave nectar, sugar or other sweetener
- 2 cups of lemonade (store bought or homemade <— I make my own using this recipe)
- Add the brewed tea to a pitcher and add in the agave stirring well to combine. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Meanwhile, add the lemonade to 2 ice cube trays. Freeze the lemonade until frozen solid.
- When ready to serve pour the tea into glasses or jars and add several lemonade ice cubes per glass. Garnish with fresh lemon slices and serve.